Wednesday 4 July 2012

You said it would happen

God said: in Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it





When God was creating the earth, he used WORDS
When Jesus raised Lazarus he used WORDS
When we pray, we use WORDS
When we praise, we use WORDS
Could it be that there is more to words that just self expression. I have come to believe and see that Words are tools of creation. Words are backed with the authority of the speaker, WORDS CREATE.

Words are invisible and this can make us think that they disappear out of existence after being said. But the Truth is that, Words don't disappear they CREATE, once created or uttered, words move into the present situation or into the future and they create a reality.

Truth is, many of the difficulties we experience are just the manifestations of a careless word said sometime in the past. For example "This is going to be so difficult.", "He never listens to correction" e.t.c We have authority, the authority God gave man when he gave us dominion over the earth and everything in it. We need to make conscious use of it.

God said: in Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it

Words are not little invisible things meant for self-expression alone. Words are messengers, their work is to create realities. Words go out with the authority of their speaker. So we need to be careful what we say. Untold hardship has been caused by many a careless word like "Your wahala is too much". Before you speak to that situation, that boss, your child, your finances, your spouse and your future. Remember, words create, why not say what you want or nothing at all.

Instead of "You are so naughty!" Consciously create the future you want by saying "Stop acting naughty, you are a good girl". Instead of "Its just too stressful." you can say "It has been so stress-full but I know I will pull through". "There is no way this can work" needs to be swapped with something like "I don't know how this can work, but it will work by Gods grace"

The difference is that you are not sending words into the future with an assignment to cause problems and create obstacles for you.

James 3:2-12
2 We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.
3 When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4 Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5 Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.
7 All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, 8 but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12 My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.


Let us make a concious effort to create the future you want with your tongue and also to eradicate the future you don't want. Remember James 3:2 says it is only a perfect person whose tongue in check 100% of the time. That tells us that we need to put in effort to keep our tongues in check, we cannot, expect it to happen automatically.

The best kind of words and the most powerful, are the ones said in prayer, because they are backed not just by our authority. If prayed in line with Gods word and his will, they are backed by God's authority and God will watch over his word, to perform it.

Jeremiah 1"12 Then said the Lord unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.


That is why positive confessions are made better and more effective when turned to Prayer in Jesus Name

God bless you.


PRAYER FOR TODAY:
My day is blessed, I will  overcome any obstacles that come my way by the grace and power of God. 
My family is blessed and no harm shall befall us. There shall be no divination against the  _____________family and no enchantment against us, for we bear on our bodies the mark of the Living God. With long life will God satisfy me and show me his salvation. Lord sanctify my tongue and sanctify my heart where my words come from. Help me to consciously use my mouth to always bring blessings into my life and that of those around me.I lift up my family into your hands and decree by your power that we are blessed. In Jesus Name, Amen

You can click on this link to see a list of God's promises which you can also speak over your life.

1 comment: