Friday 6 July 2012

Make it untrue


1 Timothy 4:12

Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit,[a] in faith, in purity.

The things we say are one thing, but what about the things we prove? This will help elaborate what I mean.
ALL men are liars!
ALL girls are pretenders!
Marriage is sweet!
You can't trust ANYBODY!
People will ALWAYS stab you in the back to move forward!
Love is a nightmare!
Waiting on God is ALWAYS worth it!

So many general assumptions about 'life and people' exsist (positive and negative).
and they are usually based on peoples experiences with others
and many decisions are made based on them.
And I began to wonder,
Which of them does an encounter with me proove right?
Which of them does my life style proove wrong?
What do I testify to?
What is my life proof of?

Am I proof that,
Friends can be depended on?
That NOT everybody is a liar?
That Waiting on God is always worth it?
or am I proof of other things?
Do my actions proove that people can be trusted?

My friends lets ask ourselves,
Does knowing me help someone believe or doubt?
Do I add to the credibility of negative assumptions?
do I proove that NOT EVERYBODY does 'it' (What ever it may be)?
What are you a testimonial to?

We may not be able to change what 'everybody' does
But who we are can change what 'someone' believes.


When we propagate negative 'General Assumptions' we create a reality that proves us right. When we live a life that shows the world the opposite, we create a positive reality for ourselves and others to experience. Being a good example is a responsibility we owe not just ourselves but our maker.

The spirit food we are to meditate on for today is this. 

1 Timothy 4:12

Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.




PRAYER FOR TODAY
My lord God, you are king, you are Lord. Mighty in all your ways, glorious is your name. Help me to live according to your will and as led by your spirit. You are Holy, faithful and righteous. Help me to be an example of the believer in  everything I say and do. Glory to your name. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment